Monday, March 7, 2011

I can see the grass!

March is the month for mud and mold. but I can see the grass outside my window. Its brown but there. That means spring will soon be here and with it every spring thing.
My beloved got me involved in a Live Action Role-Playing game ("Realms") in 2005. I have never been as completely submerged as some people but I like making the characters and the garb and the weapons for the game.
My first character was Jaq. The back story was one I knew very well, but never came into game play, except 2 years ago when the fact that Jaq can not read English and can only read runes was thoroughly helpful to the night quest. ( Yeah, my geek is definitely showing there, as I can actually read moon runes.) She was accepted into Thorne Valley, the nation that our tight knit group of friends are in and when that happened I felt I too was accepted into them. But her style and demeanor is something I no longer want to portray in the Realms, she is quiet and the mercenary type, fighter and all around not the most on the level type people. So I have decided I want a new character.
Laliana is going to be a caster, specifically a seer. warm and kind She will be friendly and open. She also poses a bit of a garbing challenge. She is not human. and though I am excited to see it all come to be, I am reluctant to say much more. I have a good portion of what I need for her, though, I am looking forward to going to my local thrift shops for the rest of what I need.
So that is what projects sewing-wise I currently have going on in my head.
In the kitchen, I am looking forward to making a french onion soup at some point, and a couple other things. I know the warmer weather is coming because my focus is moving away from the warmth of the kitchen.
So lately we have been staying in. Didn't go anywhere all weekend which honestly, is not like us, I have not been in the mood to make the effort and so I tucked my family snugly beneath me and I hid for a few days. Sunday, Mordred went without a diaper the whole day. and he did not have 1 accident. He went pee pee on the potty and was rewarded with the chance to wash his hands for a few minutes. and Then as it was getting later, E and I both knew there had yet to be a poopy. Mordred's dance changed and he went poopy on the potty for the first time. I am glad in a home setting he is basically potty trained, I am nervous to bring him out of the house without the security of a diaper on his butt but I am thinking the day is fast approaching. I am thinking, come April, when he will be 2 1/2 and the diaper bag will be less bulky because the necessity of thicker clothes won't be there we will be ready. in the mean time we will be working on getting him comfortable using the potty with underpants on instead of a diaper. Really going out will be the graduation step, there is far to go until then.
Balthazar is my tiny parrot, he is getting good at mimicking peoples words and actions, he knows yes and no and will nod and shake his head with uh-huh and uh-uh. "More" is currently the word of choice, though sometimes I think he is talking about Mordred more than asking for more. It is fun to compare the 2 personalities, they are so very different.
So that is all for now.
Remember to believe in something, it grounds you and gives you a foundation
~a

No comments:

Post a Comment